Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Life-giving clouds and rain...

I've been gone now since June 1. PJ and I ran into rain on the way here (mostly in BC), but since I arrived in Homer on June 4, it has been nothing but heat and blue sky.  Today, I woke up to clouds, and a nice soaking rain - which is nice for a change.  My truck, boat and gear is caked with dust and saltwater grime, so it's getting a much needed soaking. Not to mention the lawn - which I have kind of taken over as "mine". It's brown and sun-baked.  I have it looking good now, but I'm really hoping it will green up with this rain.

Last night, Maria and I took the knuckleheads for a run on the beach. After that, we stopped at the grocery store for milk and eggs.  Then we looked at a couple of her photo albums. Funny, but it's like looking at my own photos from the 70's and 80's. Styles of dress... activities... photo quality - it's all so familiar.

And this morning - guess what? Alaskan Pancakes! I'm blessed...

2 comments:

  1. Hey Tim: I may have a connection coming up to Alaska soon to fish Halibut. He is a relative of Rachel and PJ Bjur up in Side Lake that I have gotten to know over the past few years. He lives down in the cities and is a die hard Alaska fisherman and a great down to earth guy I'm sure you could connect with well and learn about Halibut and other fishing. He has a boat up there but I'm not sure quite where? Do you want me to give him a call because I'm sure you would have a great time with him even as a follow boat and to learn from him. He catches big Halibut and brought some up to Side Lake a couple years ago and cooked some up for us and it was great. Let me know if you want me to call him and see when he is coming up. Gary G. (The other PUTZ!!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Depends on where he is going because Alaska is BIG - but if he is reasonably close, yes, I'd like to hook up with him. Thanks.

      Delete