Saturday, June 8, 2013

Glacier

Between Glenallen and Anchorage is this glacier that is some complicated name that I can't remember (starts with an M). Celine took this with my camera out her window while we were driving down the mountain switchbacks. There are a bunch of glaciers across Katchemak Bay within sight of Homer. Someday I may drive over there and check them out. What we are finding is that it is really expensive to do stuff around here. Mainly gas and food. Two days ago, PJ and I saddled up the boat with all of our gear and went exploring. I don't know how many miles we drove - maybe 75-100 miles. It is so big up here, it just takes a lot of gas to get wherever you want to go. We checked Sadie Cove, Tanka Bay, Jakalof Bay, and the town of Seldovia. That took us two days, but it was amazing scenery and it's great getting to know the country. I've got tons of stories of things we have done and seen, but we are sitting at the cafe, done eating breakfast, and this is PJ's last day, so I am not going to keep him waiting. I'll have lots more pictures and stories coming up...

No comments:

Post a Comment