Monday, July 29, 2013

Sunday's awesome food, company, and adventure!


Alaskan crab boiling on the stove - this is the first time I have ever eaten crab!

Below, it's ready, and we are ready to have at it...


From left: Maria, Katie (Christian's gf), Christian (the number two son), Joseph (the number four son), and me the photographer..


Maria made a fresh batch of chocolate chip cookies - the first I have had since I left MN. I've been spoiled in many ways when it comes to food, but I miss dunking cookies in milk. Miss ya MA!


Christian and Katie. I think Christian is 25 years old. He's been out on the sea gill-netting red salmon for the past couple of months. He and Joey came home to visit mom for a week, before they head back to Anchorage where they live. While they were here, we got a chance to fish, hike, eat, hang out, watch movies, and generally get to know one another - which was nice.


After the boys left, Maria and I took the boat across the bay to Humpy Creek. We moored the boat out on the tidal flat in ten feet of water, and took the canoe to shore.  With everything we needed in my backpack, we set out for a long evening sneaking up the creek, enjoying the outdoors like we like to do, watching the splashing, spawning, dying salmon, and always on the lookout for Mr. Bear.

Below, Maria is hamming it up- so excited because she found an eagle feather - which she loves to collect. Look closely in the creek behind her, and you'll see salmon.


Here's a closer look at them...


And nearby, a fresh bear print in the mud on the shorline - a sure sign that they are nearby...


I will continue this post soon. Gotta get some work done!

No comments:

Post a Comment