Sunday, August 11, 2013

Sorry to drop off the face of the earth like that...

For those of you who enjoyed the blog and kept up regularly, I enjoyed all of your comments and your interest in my adventure.

It's not over yet - I just got super busy there at the end.  I knew I was going to be leaving soon, so I was trying to make every minute count in every way that I could.  Running the two businesses with Maria got super busy and crazy there at the end - especially with all the trouble with employees.  It was worse for Maria than me, but I tried to help in any way that I could.

Lauren Dorweiler and his dad Paul flew in on August 2, so I had company until we left on the 7th, and there was little time for hanging out plunking on the computer.  We were fishing, exploring the ocean, taking mini-trips up to the Kenai River, whale-watching, enjoying Homer, and more.

Lauren and I dropped Paul off at the airport in Anchorage on august 7, sold my camper, bought a used freezer from craigslist, loaded all the fish, and headed for home. Lauren and I made a marathon trip of it - driving 72 hours straight and made it home in 3 days, with only stops for fuel and snacks.

I've still got so much to tell you and show you - lots of stories and photos from the last week to ten days.  I've also got Ben helping me to figure out how to load all of the video that I took, so that you can enjoy it too.  I might need to load them to youtube, and link to that.  Anyway, stay posted and watch for more!

In the meantime, I will post a "novel" that I wrote one day when I went exploring and bear hunting up humpy creek - one of my favorite places that I found up there.  The post will be much more reflective, creative, and deep than anything you have read thus far, that's for sure...

No comments:

Post a Comment